Ice Skate Ornament
by Ashley Weeks Cart
Oh how I love these little retro ice skate ornaments. I based this pattern on an ornament from my childhood that my Grammy must have made. They’re perfect for child-friendly tree decorating and make a lovely present topper!
Yarn in colors of your choice
Jumbo paper clips
Crochet hook (I used an H hook)
1. Double crochet 8 stitches onto the paper clip. Chain 2, turn.
2. Double crochet 8 stitches. Chain 2, turn.
3. Double crochet 5 stitches, Chain 2, turn.
4. Double crochet 5 stitches, fasten off BUT do not cut yarn. Leave attached.
5. With second color, at the opposite end of the row from where you just fastened off, single crochet 5 stitches.
6. Using both color strands, chain 15 stitches. Fasten off, leaving a 6-12″ tail to tie the skates together.
7. Make a second skate. Tie the two strands together in a bow. Tie in all ends. And there you have it! An adorable ice skate pair to dangle from the tree.