Paper Heart Garland // made with love
by Ashley Weeks Cart
I thought about saving these decorations as a surprise for Valentine’s Day morning, but couldn’t resist the urge to enjoy them all month long.
They are so very simple to make, it’s nutty. I crafted these up while catching up on Glee episodes. Less than two hours, and our kitchen was looking ready to surprise the girls over breakfast. And honestly, the most essential material was the paper cutter. That is what makes this project so quick.
+ Paper in the colors of your choosing
+ Paper cutter
+ Tape (for hanging)
1. Slice the paper into one inch strips.
2. Fold each strip in half.
3. To make the hearts, curve the two ends together into a heart shape.
4. Then insert the folded end of a new piece of paper between the two edges of the first piece.
5. Staple the ends together to secure.
6. Continue to chain in this fashion until the garland is the length of your liking.
Surprise your loved ones!