But I can’t stop crying. My eyes won’t let me. I don’t have the muscles to stop crying. I need bigger muscles, Mommy.
Like mother. Like daughter. As my dear college roommate said in an email this week, I know you feel these things so deeply.
And that’s how the week has been, with posts on this blog providing some light and smiles to break the gloom. Fortunately, this weekend includes visits from said dear college roommate, the woman and friend who introduced me and James, and my amazingly courageous friend who was my colleague in my first job post-college. They’ll provide the light and smiles to sandwich Saturday’s funeral services.
And yet another trip to the apple orchard sure won’t hurt either.
Big hugs to you this weekend. Be sure to give those you love an extra squeeze.
1. Just horsing around. Har har.
2. Reading in our play room
3. This kid. Those eyes. She takes my breath away.
4. Amelia or Emilio? The jury’s still out. All we know is that s/he survived quite the scuffle with Hanna.
5. Oh bath time with sisters
6. New lights in our bedroom! And one of my favorite prints, ever. Although we need to upgrade to this one.
7. Wonder Dog who has successfully taken over the couch knowing that her mama and papa will not say no to three-legged cancer dog. Clever beast.
8. A surprise courtesy of James and Sunny
9. Playing dress up with our new ballet gear. She’s totally ready for The Nutcracker.
10. Making Auntie Kimmy (and her FGM and Ann Mae) proud
11. Addison Weeks
12. Courtland Whaley
13. Holed up in the Adirondacks. Getting their fall on.