by Ashley Weeks Cart
If you’d prefer to refrain from mucking up your manicure with pumpkin guts this Halloween, here are two glamorous pumpkin designs that don’t require scooping.
Stockings/tights with interesting pattern or designs
Elastic for tying
1. Stuff pumpkin in toe of stocking and stretch the stocking around the pumpkin.
2. Cut stocking at tip of stem.
3. Use elastic to tie off stocking at the base of the stem.
4. You now have pumpkins fit for a lady!
Small, smooth pumpkin
Tiny white crystals
Adhesive wet glue
1. Fire up the glue gun and begin slowly but surely using the tweezers to hold the crystals, apply glue, and stick to the pumpkin, starting at the stem and working outward in a circular motion.
2. I gave up aspirations of covering the entire pumpkin in crystals after 5 hours of gluing, so I tried to make the crystals look like a leafy base around the stem. If you make it all the way, KUDOS TO YOU!
3. To cover up the remaining pumpkin skin (for those of us lacking the patience or time), use a paint brush to apply wet glue adhesive (Modge Podge) to the non-bedazzled pieces of the pumpkin.
4. Then dump lots and lots of glitter onto the wet glue and allow to dry.
5. Enjoy your pumpkin BLING BLING!
Photos: Courtesy of Ashley Weeks Cart